Monday, December 18, 2017

Crossing Paths- Chapter 8: Food and Farewell


Betty woke up and checked her phone, 6:43. She got out of Jugheads arms slowly leaving him asleep and went back to her room to get clothes to take a shower.

Later when she was done with her shower and she was ready for the day, she went back out to the living room to find Veronica and Archie cooking breakfast in the kitchen and Jughead folding his blankets and putting them in a stack on the back of the couch.

“Betty!” Veronica said when she saw her friend walk up to the breakfast bar.

“Hey, you guys cooking breakfast?” Betty asked

“Yeah I’m making waffles upon Jugheads request” she said gesturing in Jughead’s direction

Betty looked and he just winked and then plopped down on the couch. She went to join him and again snuggled up right into his side.

When breakfast was done they all sat at the table together and ate.

“So should we go to that food festival today?” Veronica asked.

Jughead looked up from his plate with a mouth full of food and said “You already know my answer”

“Betty?” Veronica asked

“Yeah sure it sounds like fun!”

“Great! Let’s leave at 11:30” Veronica told them


Once they arrived at the festival Jughead was visibly excited, which he never is. The rest of them started looking around and found themselves following Jughead to a stand with Burgers.

“This is the best burger I’ve ever had.” Jughead said taking his last bite

“Jug, I’m only halfway through mine. And how can you even taste it when you eat that fast?” Archie said in astonishment

Jughead just shrugged and walked over to Betty and took her hand in his.

“Where do you want to go next Betty?” Jughead asked

“I saw some strawberries and cream over there” she said pointing

They all walked over there and got two to share between them. The rest of the time pretty much consisted of Jughead getting excited at the sight of more food, and Veronica trying to take control of where they were going next (which wasn’t really working), this left Archie and Betty pretty amused at their friends.

Later they all sat down at a table bringing some last minute food with them. Betty had a cup of mac n cheese, Veronica and Archie were sharing some nachos and Jughead had a piece of pizza and some wings.

“Veronica this was an amazing idea” Jughead told her

“Thanks, I saw a flyer for it the other day and knew you would like it” she said smiling

They finished their food and headed back to Veronica and Archie’s apartment. After sitting around and doing some more catching up, they started a game of cards on the living room floor.

“Betty how are you winning?” Archie asked sounding defeated

Betty just shrugged and looked back to her cards

“Cause she’s better than you, accept it” Jughead added getting an annoyed look from Archie. Betty grabbed his hand with her free hand and scooted closer to him.

“Hey are we like taking sides now?” Archie asked with pointed looks at all of them

Veronica just rolled her eyes and nudged him because it was his turn.

Later once Archie and Veronica had gone to bed, Betty and Jughead were cuddling on the couch.

“I’m so glad we came to visit, this has been so fun, too bad we have to leave tomorrow night” Betty said

“Yeah...but we can always come back” Jughead replied squeezing her tighter to him

“I could just stay in this moment forever” Betty said

“So could I, I’m so lucky to have you” Jughead said

“You have no idea Jug” Betty said smiling

Betty yawned “Hey are you getting tired?” Jughead asked

“Yeah all that food I guess, but I don’t want to go back to my room, it’s still freezing”

“Then just sleep with me on the couch again...unless you didn’t enjoy that?” he said smirking

“It was literally my favorite part of the day”


The next morning Veronica dragged everyone out of bed to go get breakfast at her favorite place in Springfield.

Once they all ordered Archie excused himself to go to the bathroom. Betty and Jughead were holding hands and Jughead was moving his thumb back and forth across the back of Betty’s hand. They kept glancing at each other and smiling and giggling.

“You guys are literally the most adorable people I have ever seen. I still can’t believe it.” Veronica said suddenly

“Believe what?” Jughead asked

“That you guys are together, when I look at you, I can instantly tell that you care about each other, and that’s really special” Veronica said

“Thanks V that means a lot” Betty said

“You better not mess it up Jughead!” Veronica said

“Hey, why me?”

“Cause Betty isn’t that stupid” Veronica said

“Pffft Well…” Jughead said pretending to be mad

There was a pause, “Don’t worry Veronica I won’t lose Betty if my life depends on it”

“That’s more like it” Veronica said winking

Veronicas phone dinged and she picked it up to look.

“What is it?” Betty asked

“Archie is being sick in the bathroom, he thinks it’s the chicken he had yesterday, it did look a little undercooked…” Veronica said

“Oh no” Betty said

“I’ll go check on him” Jughead said standing up

He walked to the bathroom and knocked on the door, “Hey Arch are you ok? Do you need anything?”

Archie opened the door “Wow man you don’t look so good” Jughead said

“I’m fine, I promise but i probably shouldn’t leave this bathroom for a while. You guys just finish your meals then we can go home” Archie said

“Are you sure?” Jughead asked

“Yeah I’m good just some food poisoning, I should be good in a couple hours

“Ok, sorry man”

Archie smiled and then closed the bathroom door again

“Hey so is he alright?” Veronica asked when he got back to their table

“Yeah just some food poisoning, he said we should just finish our meals and then we can all go home”

“Man, I feel bad for him” Betty said

“Yeah I love food but sometimes food doesn’t love you” Jughead said smirking

“Wow” Betty said burying her face in her hands


Later when they got home and set Archie up on the couch with a trash can and some TV, Veronica announced that she wanted to take Betty and Jughead shopping before they had to leave.

“That’s ok with you Archie right?” Veronica asked

“Yeah there’s no need to stay here watching me throw up all afternoon” Archie said

“Alright let’s go guys” Veronica announced heading out the door

Betty glanced back at Jughead who was looking a little apprehensive.

“Hey come on Jug it will be fun” Betty said smiling and reaching for his hand

“Shopping’s not really my thing..” Jughead said

“Well would you rather go out with your Girlfriend and friend or stay here cleaning up Archie’s vomit?” Betty asked

“Good point” Jughead said letting Betty pull him out of the door

“Bye Arch!” He yelled before shutting the door


Once they were out shopping, Veronica led them to a clothes shop and as soon as they walked through the door, she started piling clothes into Betty’s arms.

“Ronnie I can’t hold much more” Betty said sounding slightly winded before Jughead grabbed a couple of dresses off the top of her pile.

“Thanks” Betty said exhaling slightly

Veronica walked over holding a skirt and handed it to Jughead, “Ok let’s go try all this on” she said skipping towards the dressing room. Betty and Jughead rolled their eyes and followed her.

“Ok, Jughead, you sit here” Veronica pointed to a bench, “And Betty start trying on some stuff, and don’t forget to show us”

Betty walked out of the dressing room in a floaty, tulle, pale pink dress, and Jughead’s jaw instantly dropped.

“Betty that dress looks amazing on you!” Veronica said excitedly, “Jughead what do you think?”

Jughead just looked from Betty to Veronica and back to Betty with his mouth still hanging open. “You are so beautiful Betty” he said softly staring into her eyes.

“Thank you” Betty replied shyly while still holding eye contact with him.

“Hello earth to Jughead. She still has a bunch of stuff to try on, and if you react like that every time, it’s gonna take a while” Veronica said interrupting their moment.

“Well it might be kinda hard because Betty always looks amazing” Jughead said leaning back on the bench and crossing his legs.

Betty tried on the rest of the clothes they had picked out and Veronica ended up buying several things for Betty including the pink dress by Veronica’s insistence even though Betty argued she had nowhere to wear it.

When they got back, they found Archie feeling a lot better. They hung out for about another hour while Betty and Jughead packed up to go.

“It was so good to visit you guys finally” Betty said to Archie and Veronica at the door, “We would definitely love to come back” She said giving Veronica a hug.

“Of course, you are always welcome” Veronica said pulling back from their hug and smiling.

“You guys should come visit Betty and I sometime too” Jughead said as he shifted over to hug Veronica as well.

“Yes! I’d love to explore Boston” Veronica said

“We’ll miss you guys” Archie said giving them both a hug

“You too” Betty said as they headed out the door.

Once they were settled in Jughead’s car and were heading back to Boston, the sun was starting to set and it was beautiful.

“I’m so glad we did this trip together” Betty said

“Me too, I can’t believe how lucky I am to be honest” Jughead said

“Why’s that?” Betty asked

“Because I have two really great friends who are together and an amazing girlfriend who is friends with those same people.” Jughead said

“Your the greatest” Betty said grabbing his free arm and snuggling with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chipotle Burrito Sticker

I recently put these stickers in my etsy shop, check them out! https://www.etsy.com/shop/Heidilooart?ref=l2-shopheader-name