Betty and Jughead spent the next week walking to class together, walking home from work together, and spending the nights snuggled up on one their couches before the other one had to go home to sleep before class the next day. Life was good in their eyes and nobody could take away their feelings for each other as their connection grew stronger.
It was friday morning and Betty had woken up early to take a shower before class, as she hadn't had time the night before because she was at Jughead’s place. She turned off the water and stepped out of the shower and reached for her towel, but she noticed that her shower knob was kind of loose and wasn’t staying where she placed it and was still dripping slightly, but she decided she would deal with it later or ask Jughead to have a look at it after class.
She met Jughead outside in their usual spot, he handed her her coffee, took her arm in his, and began to walk.
“Hey when does your shift start today?” Betty asked
“I think 4:30”
“Ok, my shower faucet was acting weird this morning, and I was hoping you could take a look at it before work if that’s not too much trouble. I would be there but I have to go straight from class to work today and I’m working a double shift, and I just don’t want to leave my faucet if there is something wrong” Betty said
“Yeah, of course. It’s no trouble” He assured her, “I’ll check right when I get home” He said as he kissed the top of her head.
Later Jughead finished at school and started walking home. He pulled out his phone to text Betty.
J: <3 <3
B: What’s up? My <3.
J: Just on my way home, i’ll be sure to check your shower. See you after work <3 ;)
B: Your the best. See u later <3
When Jughead got back to their apartment complex, he went straight up to the sixth floor to look at Betty’s shower, but when he opened the door he saw something he was not expecting.
Her entire apartment was flooded.
Jughead immediately started running around her apartment grabbing clothes, toiletries and anything he could carry to try to save it from the flood.
He ran her stuff down to his apartment and immediately called a plumber. He said he’d be there as soon as possible.
In the meantime, jughead went back up to her apartment, and tried to salvage anything else he deemed important.
Once the plumber had arrived and was working to fix her shower, Jughead texted Betty.
J: Hey, I’ll meet you at your work when you get off. I have to tell you something before we go home.
B: Ok… see you then :)
Jughead got ready for work and went to talk to the plumber before heading out.
Jughead felt anxious for Betty during his whole shift, and darted out the second his shift was over. He found Betty inside the coffee shop sitting at a table looking at her phone.
She glanced up and saw him and stood up to give him a hug, but she noticed something seemed wrong.
“Hey, what is it?” she asked cupping his cheek as they sat down.
“Ok, so, when I got home from school, I went straight up to your place to check the shower, and when I opened the door, your entire apartment was flooded.”
Betty’s jaw dropped and tears welled in her eyes.
“I grabbed as much of your stuff as I could and brought it down to my apartment and called a plumber. He stopped the leak, but said it’s going to take a while to fix, and the apartment below yours has to be evacuated as well.”
“Oh no, I should have called someone this morning” She sobbed “I’m so sorry” she said covering her face with her hands.
Jughead put his arms around her, “Betts, this isn’t your fault. It’s ok. They will fix it, and in the meantime, you can stay with me.”
“Really?” She asked sniffing and looking up from his chest.
“Of course” he said hugging her tighter.
They walked back to his apartment and immediately headed for the couch and started a movie. While Jughead ordered pizza, Betty noticed all her stuff he had saved and felt like crying, the fact that he even thought to do that for her and went through the trouble, meant a lot to her. Jughead finished ordering pizza and then cuddled Betty closely on the couch. The pizza arrived about halfway through the movie, and they ate it while watching the second half of the movie.
Once the movie was over and they had eaten their fill of pizza, Jughead got up and took their plates to the sink and put the remaining pizza in the fridge, then came back over to Betty and hugged her entire body close to him. They sat in silence for a long while with the occasional sniffle from Betty.
“I love you” Betty said, with her face still in his chest.
When he didn’t respond right away, she looked up at him, and was immediately pulled into a kiss. When they broke away, Jughead looked her in the eyes and said “I love you”.
They both smiled and Betty let out a breathy laugh. They kissed again and went back to silently cuddling until they fell asleep in eachothers arms.
No comments:
Post a Comment